Saturday, January 28, 2012

Message from a Noob

So ...
I've been told a few times to start a blog, but I've always been hesitant to do so for many reasons.
1. I really didn't think I had anything to write regularly about.
2. I'm not a great writer. Sure I can write up facts, analysis and rationals, but when it comes to writing about my thoughts and experiences, I lack experience. Simply said, I suck at it (so I like to keep that writing to myself).
3. I was fearful that no one would be interested in what I wrote. The thought of zero followers or comments is a bit of a downer.
But ... 
I've realized, I'm no longer worried what others think of my writing or my interests. I've decided to create this blog for me and those who want to read about my travels and my eats. 


So why Tasty Travels .. 
Let's face it, if you know me well, you know one of the main reasons I travel is to enjoy yummy treats and try foods I can't get (or get as good) at home.  Food pictures are scattered throughout all my travel photo albums. After trips to the Philippines, Australia, Montreal, Mexico and North Carolina, I finally decided I wanted to document my next trip with more than photographs. I always tried to keep a journal with me, but I was never able to keep up with them.  So I took the leap and started this blog - so please bear with me as I figure out how work this thing.


Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment