Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 6: On to Palawan.

Before we checked out, Miguel and Ver stopped by for a visit and helped us bring our stuff to the van. As soon as we checked out, I swear I felt lighter, happier. We had to stop at the condo to drop off our big luggage, but we had plenty of time before our flight, so Uncle Jun suggested we go to Market Market. There we had lunch with Uncle Jun and Uncle Lito at Chicken Bacolod and the food was yummy!! I had pancit molo .. it's not as good as mom's but still tasty. After lunch we did some shopping. Got new sunglasses, stuff for IO, a new frame for the Villa Escudero pic and meds for my sore throat.  I went to the pharmacy in the Supermarket, and the woman gave me Chinese herbs for laryngitis. I figured I'd give it a go. It actually seemed to work. By the 2nd day, I got most of my voice back and my throat wasn't sore anymore. Buuutt I still had a cough and I was getting headaches. I think the headaches might have been due to the borax in the Chinese herbal medicine. So I stopped taking it. I stuck with tylenol and vick drops but the Vick did nothing for my coughing.


Flight to Palawan
Our flight was on Cebu Pacific and we left from the new terminal. Checking in and finding our terminal was relatively easy. Our terminal was warm and packed! Also, I noticed lots of Caucasians heading to Palawan.
When it was time to board, I handed the gate attendant my boarding pass and she asked me if I was pregnant. I was a little taken aback. I answered her and tried to laugh it off...thinking, ok maybe I did eat to much. I wanted to ask Pia if they asked her. Maybe it's something they ask all females...at least I'm hoping it wasn't just me. Later I learned, it wasn't because of any weight I may have gained. When leaving Palawan, the check-in agent informed me that he was required to ask me if I was pregnant because we are seated in the aisle row. Apparently pregnant women can grab things and throw things out of the emergency exit. Felt a little relief learning this.
We fly Cebu Pacific, hoping we'd get a show but all we got were on-flight games. It was still fun to watch.
The seats on the plane were comfy and tons of leg room! Why can't AA be this nice??
Tons of leg room and games on Cebu Pacific
We arrive in Palawan and I'm excited! We find our driver but he tells us the van won't leave for the hotel for another 2 hours as he was waiting on 4 Koreans (his words) who were having dinner. He asked if he can drop us off at that same restaurant for dinner and pick us up at the same time. We were game and he dropped us off. The place was really nice and right over the water. Unfortunately, the staff lacked restaurant management skills. When we arrived more than half the restaurant was empty, but they would not seat us, stating all those tables were reserved. Since the drive was gone and we didn't have his number (and it was in the middle of nowhere) we said we'd wait. It took over an hour for us to get seated. And the whole time we waited, tables remained empty. In fact, one of the tables that was reserved didn't get patrons until 2 hours after we arrived. We could have easily sat at that table when we first arrived and they could have sent us on our way before the party came. AND they would have made a tip. Hell, they lost customers who didn't want to wait...it's like they don't want to make money.
But I do have to say the food was good...but still no tip for needlessly making us wait.

To the Resort
No one told us it took 2 hours to get to the resort. It was actually on the other side of the island and a drive through the hills and mountains. If I had known this ...
 I slept that whole ride but I had to give the driver props for driving through the mountains at night in torrential rain and staying on the road.

We arrive to the hotel and we're told that there's no electricity. Yay! The main generator caught on fire as water got into the system and mixed in the oil. So no AC, not TV, but at least we had light and warm water. We didn't get our welcome drink, but since the system was down we didn't have to place a deposit. Yay us. But apparently they flew someone in from Cebu to fix the generators. Bored, Pia, Marco and Allan walked us to our room. Our room was actually pretty nice and on the poolside. Despite not having heat, it was nice and cool. Only quirk was that we requested a king bed. I'm assuming they ran out of kind poolside rooms, as our bed was 2 full beds pushed together. Which is all good, except they left the phone in the middle..yup, right in the middle of our bed. Lol, we kept knocking into it at night and I would wake up to the busy signal. Luckily, whoever cleaned our room the next day fixed this by getting a longer cord and moving the phone to the bedSIDE.

Lol anyway, as there was nothing to do, we chatted in our room. Somehow the conversation led to ghost stories...like personal ghost stories. I was completely freaked out when the lights TURNED OFF! I crawled in the dark towards Jay .. lol I was so scared. Luckily the lights, as well as the rest of the missing electricity came back on 4 seconds later.  At this point, Marco, Allan and Pia ran back to their room to charge their phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment