For dinner we headed to a Thai Restaurtant in Liverpool One, Chaophraya. Since we had a big group, we had a private room with a sunken table, which meant no shoes and sitting on the floor. Also, because of the large group, we ate family style. We had an assortment of appetizers with satay chicken, eggs rolls and fried shrimp. For entrees we had Pad Thai, Coconut Curry Chicken, Duck and Beef. My 2 faves were the pad thai and curry. Of course that's not counting dessert. As it was my last night, I went for an English dessert: sticky toffee pudding and ice cream, which was really, really good and satisfying. The warm cake went great with the cold ice cream.
And I can't forget the great company and conversation at dinner. I sat next to my colleague's wife, which is one of the nicest person I've met. She was just really sweet and interested =)
After dinner we headed over to the Cavern to see where the Beatles got their start. The street is was on was pretty interesting. The whole block was populated with bars and clubs, which must make bar hopping super easy =).
My only complaint of the country/area was that shops closed around 5-6pm. I wish I could have fitting some shopping but by the time I got out of work, shops were closed =/



No comments:
Post a Comment