First stop: In and Out.
I haven't been to CA since I was a kid so it's my time trying In and Out. We ordered an animal style hamburger animal for me, animal style double double for Jay and animal fries to share. Silly Jay didn't realize double double and animal fries were cheesy. So we switched, he had my hamburger and I had his double, but too much for me so I couldn't finish =/ I really wanted to finish =p
Another first: We got to meet Billy, Amy and Soma for the first time. Say “Hi” to Soma.
Soma's awesome except she kept trying to chew my hand and sweater .. wouldn't have minded if the her teeth weren't so sharp.
Stop 2: Cafe Lu for boobs and coffee.
Coffee was ok but avocado shakes were even better. It reminded of the Filipino desert with mashed avocado, milk and sugar. The cafe reminded me of a scene from asian movie were the gangsters hang out and gamble-kinda den-like. Super smoky... Eyes got really irritated so it was time to move on. No pics of this because I'm pretty sure photography isn't allowed ... but then, neither was smoking.
Stop 3: Haven Gastropub in Old Towne Orange.
We had a Moscow Meal (with bourbon instead of vodka) in a copper mug and a Knock-Knock (I think). We also had olives and potatos chips for the table. Chips were really really good and seasoned with Salt + pepper + oregano. Another plus, our waitress was a NY Giants fan and was totally digging my sweater.
Stop 4: Bruxie
After Haven we walked down the super cute street heading to a waffle place. These waffles were delicious and smart! The waffles are folded creating a waffle sandwich and lets you eat with your hands.
Stop 5: Auntie Margie's house!
Where we were greeted by 3 awesome doggies. I loved playing with these guys. They were super happy to see us and I couldn't stop playing with them. Lucy was extra cute in her onesie and Buddy just plane cuddly! Princess was a sweety and tried to get hugs while I was trying to nap.
Stop 6: Dinner
After Auntie Margie and Tito Jun came home, we headed out to Lazy Dog for an early dinner. Unfortunately, there was a 45 minute wait so we decided to head for a place called Chili Peppers. I had a guac and beef taco and Jay had a pork and rice dish. The spanish rice was really good and the pork was nice and tender.
Stop 7: The supermarket!
To pick up a Vday card for mom, Off! Spray, 5 hour energy shots and a bottle of Crown.
Stop 8: Post-dinner Dinner + Drinks at Cafe Artist
Nardo, Jay and I met up with Billy and Amy for an eating an drinking session. The coconut snails were my favorite from that night, closely followed by the steak. There were plenty of other food: seafood hot pot, clams, and balut. And lots of crown and 5 hour energy.
Stop 9: Amy's house
To work on finishing a 3rd bottle of Crown. Leo was nice enough to be our DD for the night. When we got home, Nardo made a new friend, a lost guy, who apparently has been wandering around the neighborhood. And probably wandered around a little longer as he didn't seem to want to listen to Nardo's directions.
The next day I got a wake up call from Lucy, who knocked on the door until I got up to play with her and Buddy. Really great wake up to those two. Such good pups and sweety pies. Buddy kept rolling on his back for belly rubs =)





Lucy's a sweetie! Oooh...and how do you do your pics that way?? It's so nice!
ReplyDeletePicasa. There's an option to create collages and it lets you edit pics on piknik as well =)
ReplyDelete